Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LinkSys SFE1000P VLAN and IP Phones

I purchased 2 of the LinkSys SFE1000P POE switches to be used for some IP phones that are to be installed in some sub-buildings.  The voice network is using VLAN 2 and the data network is using VLAN 1.  I am trying to get a Mitel 5312 IP Phone to talk to our Mitel 3300 ICP controller.  The phone is hard set for VLAN 2 (as I know this switch does not support CDP).  The SFE1000P switch will connect via CAT5 to a trunked port on a Cisco WS-3560-48TS switch which in turn connects to another WS-3560-48TS which connects to a WS-3560-48PS which finally connects to a Mitel 3300 ICP controller.  All of the Cisco switches are connected to each other using gigabit fiber lines and all are setup for 802.1q trunking.  If I plug a phone in to the first 3560 switch and configure the port for trunking, the phone comes up no problem.  I am trying to figure out the correct combination of Interface VLAN Mode (Trunk, Access, General) and Interface Status Mode (Excluded, Forbidden, Untagged, Tagged) to get traffic through to the controller.  If I setup a Ubuntu machine and configure it for VLAN 2 and try to ping the controller I get a "destination host unreachable" error (although my Linux skills are pretty slim so something may not be configured correctly on the PC).

Can anyone suggest how to setup this switch?

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies