cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LinkSys SFE1000P VLAN and IP Phones

caymanport
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased 2 of the LinkSys SFE1000P POE switches to be used for some IP phones that are to be installed in some sub-buildings.  The voice network is using VLAN 2 and the data network is using VLAN 1.  I am trying to get a Mitel 5312 IP Phone to talk to our Mitel 3300 ICP controller.  The phone is hard set for VLAN 2 (as I know this switch does not support CDP).  The SFE1000P switch will connect via CAT5 to a trunked port on a Cisco WS-3560-48TS switch which in turn connects to another WS-3560-48TS which connects to a WS-3560-48PS which finally connects to a Mitel 3300 ICP controller.  All of the Cisco switches are connected to each other using gigabit fiber lines and all are setup for 802.1q trunking.  If I plug a phone in to the first 3560 switch and configure the port for trunking, the phone comes up no problem.  I am trying to figure out the correct combination of Interface VLAN Mode (Trunk, Access, General) and Interface Status Mode (Excluded, Forbidden, Untagged, Tagged) to get traffic through to the controller.  If I setup a Ubuntu machine and configure it for VLAN 2 and try to ping the controller I get a "destination host unreachable" error (although my Linux skills are pretty slim so something may not be configured correctly on the PC).

Can anyone suggest how to setup this switch?

0 Replies 0