Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys SRW2024 - I can't connect to the console

angelo1969
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

During the the firmware upload I had a crash (unfortunately!). I was doing it it by webview.

Now, I'm not able to access the switch anymore. The whole funtionality is gone.

I try to connect to the switch by using the serial interface, but this newer worked on my switch. (-> That's why I decide to install the newest firmware)

- I know the HyperTerminal configuration and I used 2 different serial cables (a nameless and the blue cisco console cable (Rollover Cable)).

With those cables I can connect without any Problems to cisco Pix, cisco ASA5505, diverse cisco routers and also to newest dell switches.

But I can't access the Linksys switch!

In the Linksys forum I got the answer: "You must use the cable that came with the switch". Unfortunately I can't find that cable in my assortment.

Please, could you tell me if the SRW2024 differs from the blue cisco console cable? If yes, where can I organize a such cable? Or can you tell me the pinouts of the DB9-Pin. Thank you very much.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Angelo,

OK , I pulled out my multimeter and checked the pinouts on my console cable i use to connect to my SRW2008P.

My SRW2008P, which should be the same cable as the SRW2024 the pinouts on the two femal DB9 connectors are 1 to 1.

In other words readily available cable with the following pinout;

1-------------1

2-------------2

3-------------3

4-------------4

5-------------5

6-------------6

7-------------7

8-------------8

9-------------9

regards Dave

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Angelo,

OK , I pulled out my multimeter and checked the pinouts on my console cable i use to connect to my SRW2008P.

My SRW2008P, which should be the same cable as the SRW2024 the pinouts on the two femal DB9 connectors are 1 to 1.

In other words readily available cable with the following pinout;

1-------------1

2-------------2

3-------------3

4-------------4

5-------------5

6-------------6

7-------------7

8-------------8

9-------------9

regards Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the info. I have organized a "straight trough" serial cable and now I can connect to the switch using the hyperterminal. ;-)

All,

Not that I don't trust you Dave, but I performed this test with a multi-meter today as well. I have unfortunately described this cable as a rollover in the past. Needless to say, my multi-meter testing confirmed your findings exactly. Seeing is believing.

Chris

Hi Chris,

According to our Mothers only -  of course we are perfect..

But I know otherwise... regards Dave

I have referenced Dave's post this week, nicely done.

Rock on Dave!