Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Linksys SRW2024 - I can't connect to the console

Hello

During the the firmware upload I had a crash (unfortunately!). I was doing it it by webview.

Now, I'm not able to access the switch anymore. The whole funtionality is gone.

I try to connect to the switch by using the serial interface, but this newer worked on my switch. (-> That's why I decide to install the newest firmware)

- I know the HyperTerminal configuration and I used 2 different serial cables (a nameless and the blue cisco console cable (Rollover Cable)).

With those cables I can connect without any Problems to cisco Pix, cisco ASA5505, diverse cisco routers and also to newest dell switches.

But I can't access the Linksys switch!

In the Linksys forum I got the answer: "You must use the cable that came with the switch". Unfortunately I can't find that cable in my assortment.

Please, could you tell me if the SRW2024 differs from the blue cisco console cable? If yes, where can I organize a such cable? Or can you tell me the pinouts of the DB9-Pin. Thank you very much.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Linksys SRW2024 - I can't connect to the console

Hi Angelo,

OK , I pulled out my multimeter and checked the pinouts on my console cable i use to connect to my SRW2008P.

My SRW2008P, which should be the same cable as the SRW2024 the pinouts on the two femal DB9 connectors are 1 to 1.

In other words readily available cable with the following pinout;

1-------------1

2-------------2

3-------------3

4-------------4

5-------------5

6-------------6

7-------------7

8-------------8

9-------------9

regards Dave

5 REPLIES

Hi Angelo,

OK , I pulled out my multimeter and checked the pinouts on my console cable i use to connect to my SRW2008P.

My SRW2008P, which should be the same cable as the SRW2024 the pinouts on the two femal DB9 connectors are 1 to 1.

In other words readily available cable with the following pinout;

1-------------1

2-------------2

3-------------3

4-------------4

5-------------5

6-------------6

7-------------7

8-------------8

9-------------9

regards Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the info. I have organized a "straight trough" serial cable and now I can connect to the switch using the hyperterminal. ;-)

All,

Not that I don't trust you Dave, but I performed this test with a multi-meter today as well. I have unfortunately described this cable as a rollover in the past. Needless to say, my multi-meter testing confirmed your findings exactly. Seeing is believing.

Chris

Hi Chris,

According to our Mothers only -  of course we are perfect..

But I know otherwise... regards Dave

Bronze

I have referenced Dave's post this week, nicely done.

Rock on Dave!

Views
Helpful
Replies