Views
Helpful
Replies

LinkSys SRW224G4P no firmware

Sosathea Ros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I just get this switch from ebay.  When the switch is power on in second get the screen said

image Loader 1.0.1

no runable image exist.  Entering File Manager.

File Name                                        S/Up  Type  Size          Create Time

----------------------------------------------------   ------   ------  ---------------   -------------------

$logfile_1                                           0       3             64       1193046:28:15

Factory_Default_Config.cfg                 1        5           354        24:00:48

certificate                                          0        8       18040        24:00:42

startup1.cfg                                       0        5         3376       24:01:00

---------------------------------------------------   ------    ----     -------------   --------------------

Free Space :  7208960

[X]modem Download    [D]elete File         [S]et Startup File

[Q]uit

Select>

My question is how do I need to do in order to upload IOS image to switch?  The switch has no function without IOS.  So there is no Webview as suppose be on the switch for access to setup, management, upgarde, etc.

Thank you, Steve 

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sosathea, first, purchasing any Cisco product from a vendor such as ebay voids the warranty of the unit. I would recommend to return it to the buyer.

Second, the switch does not run an IOS. It does have a software image and the device is ran over GUI. You may try to load the firmware off the cisco website through xmodem using hyper terminal. But at this point, it looks like the flash is corrupt and the person who sold that switch to you provided a damaged product.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

I do understand what you said but I just wanted to know how to do on xmodem to download software image because there is no setup how the xmodem get the file.  I do have software image on my harddrive.  I am run win 7 Pro which connect to console of the switch.  I am also attach the screen shot of xmodem behave.

Thank you,

Sosathea

1) To load the firmware via Hyperterminal;

Bits per seconds: 38400

Databits: 8

Partiy: None

Stop bits:1

Flow control: None

2) Reboot the switch, just unplug the power and plug it back in

3) When prompted, press ESC

4)The startup menu will appear, choose option 1 -> Download software

5) On the top of the Hyperterminal, choose the option TRANSFER -> Send File

6) Browse the firmware file and select it

7) Choose protocol->  Xmodem

8) Click send

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thank you very much.  It is very helpful.

Sosathea