Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Linksys SRW248G4 and multiple membership in VLANs

Hi,

I can't figure out how to configure a port membership with multiple VLANs. My setup:

- VLAN10

- VLAN20

- port settings tab: port24 in general mode

- ports to VLANs tab: untagged everywhere, when I set port 24 membership  to VLAN10 I can't set port 24 membership in VLAN20 because when I do  that port 24 membership in VLAN10 dissapears and vice versa

- but I can set port 24 membership to both VLANs in VLANs to port tab, but I think it doesn't work because:

- when I connect hosts to ports 23 (port 23 is a member of VLAN10 only)  and 24  (member of VLAN10 and VLAN20)

there are not any connectivity between them

- but connectivity is working when I set the same PVID for both ports 23  and 24 in port setting tab, I can't set multiple PVID in here.

So, is it possible to configure port membership for multiple VLANs on this linksys?

http://ui.linksys.com/files/SRW2048/1.2.1/home.htm

Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY

Linksys SRW248G4 and multiple membership in VLANs

Hi,

Try changing the port mode to general under vlan management -> port setting. That way the default vlan is untagged and the rest are tagged.

I find VLAN to Ports (VLAN Management -> VLAN to Ports then click "Join Vlan" to assign Vlans) to be the easiest way to manage the assignment of vlans to ports.

Best,

David

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content