cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys SRW248G4, IE8 Web interface does not work!

satanovskyl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

We have bought 3 of Linksys SRW248G4 sw.

But web interface is NOT working with IE8 (though it is said in Release notes, it works with IE5.5+)

Please, help anyone!.. we can't set up our sw!!!

3 Replies 3

satanovskyl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

We have bought 3 of Linksys SRW248G4 sw.

But web interface is NOT working with IE8 (though it is said in Release notes, it works with IE5.5+). It works with IE5.5 to IE7 (though there are stilllsome bugs revealling, see below), but not with IE8. If the software gets updated at all the hosts in our LAN, we will not be able to configure the sw...

When I get to the "home.htm" page, the javascript engine tells me that

-------------------------------

Line: 40

Error: Object expected

-------------------------------

Msxml is installed (and is of the latest version). We have tested it with Windows server 2003 and IE8, with Windows XP and IE8... nothing helps (we have also disabled all the restrictions on active x). It just does not work.

The sw is completely unconfigurable in UNIX-only environment... as it relies at the M$ client side "technology"...

CLI functionality is very poor as it allows one to configure only some basic parameters (IP address, local users for auth). It does NOT allow to setup VLANs,*STP,any Security features, etc.

When trying to configure the sw using IE6-7, there is a bug showing up when we try to add one port to many VLANs ("VLAN to Ports" page) and press "Save". The port seems to be added to VLANs but the error message is instantly showing up which says that some error appeared, but it doesn't know the error ID or the reason. This is really annoying. =) :

----------------------------

Line No. Error Type Value Diagnostic

1 null Unknown value Might be missing parameters (join1) in page.

----------------------------

We like the sw, but it is so hard to work with it, not mentioning that we have to install M$ Windows to manage it... We'd like to see it working with IE8+ and Firefox (all 3Com and Allied Telesyn sw do!), and we'd like to see more functionality in CLI interface.

Please, help!

Hello there,

bought a SLM2048 with a similar problem, I can only configure it on a WinXP machine with IE7 and MSXML, this is kind of annoying since I can configure all my other devices using Firefox. C'mon Is it really so hard for a company like LinksysCisco to make a web interface which is usable with most web browsers? Using IE7 with MSXML is almost like having to use a special config sw :-(

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X