Views
Helpful
Replies

loop rout of a lan ip to a static ip.

ScottsDesk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a small business and I do a lot of work inside my LAN, developing and configurations, to stream and other stuff.

My issue is I have a static IP, and the way they have me setup is not a typical setup for static, as I was expecting. The static is assigned to my switch through my network provider, and they wont give me access to the switch to configure it the way I want to... and I my incentive purpose was to assign it to a internal box I use as a webserver, and streaming system and just set it outside the internal since im not worried about it as a security issue... this routing issue has become a pain tho. I need a way to configure it, and my devices internal network so that I can test code and projects more effective, and way more easy inside the network. I think there is a way to maybe loop my hosts files on my internal computers so that they will go out and loop back in through the static back to my desktop. This is bad because to properly take out debugging effective I have to be hitting it outside my internal network.... some stuff is just not so clear. I was able to with no problem get the static attached to the webserver, and all that no issue but this loopback would really make my life much more easy. Help appreciated...

the static is 85.xx.xxx.xx and its attached to the webserver with the internal IP of 192.10.20.30, of course many computers internally with internal private ips.

the rout outbound to all is 192.10.20.30, then hitting the switch. gateway, and the gateway the "dns" server, to through switch and all the ipconfig settings are internal, and not even a external dns, The switch is the gateway, dns. Seems to me I remember being able to do thid through the hosts files on my internal network... this way when I send pings to the internal server it appears to the server im making the connection external to our net. important because some of the boxes are making connections to the server to send data, so commands need to loo like the originate in the www into our net... Thank so much for anyone that can help.

Scott

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Scott;

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

What is your switch model and firmware version so that we can suggest you a possible solution to your inquiry?

Thank you for your time and patience,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

egriffin
Level 1
Level 1

I need help in this area. I am using a CISCO RV345, with Firmware version1.0.03.29.

My ISP assigned me FIVE (5) Static IP Addresses. I can see where I can assign the five to the WAN in the set up. My issue is that when I get to LAN I don't see how to tell the LAN's that I am using, which static IP address I want it to pull from. Can you help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X