please help,

how many PoE power from SG100D-8P ?

its all 8 port support PoE ?

regards,

leonardus

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi all,

I have written to the unmanaged switch product manager (PM) and asked for a document. he followed up with some detailed specifications that states the POE budget of 32watts spread over ports 1 to 4. My statement above is however correct. 

A section of that document  that the PM sent me,  is copied below;

Can't blame leolaohoo for being confused, as I can find no publically facing document that states the power dedicated to POE ports on the 100 series switches. 

When leolaohoo states in a question in a previous posting and asks for confirmation,  "Basically what Dave has stated is that the switch can provide up to 8w of PoE power. " my appologies for any misunderstanding.

The  8 port unmanged POE switches can provide  up to 32Watts of POE power spread across four ports.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

Hey Dave,

Why are you working today?  It's ANZAC day.

Sorry, what I meant was 8 w PoE per port. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Both the SF100D-08P as well as the SG100D-8P  have ethernet  ports 1 to 4 set up as POE capable. 

Spread across those first four ports is a POE power  budget of 32W available for use. 

Ports 5 to 8 are not POE capable.

Hope this helps.

Regards Dave

halo david..

thanks for info.

do you have link or cisco documentation which explain your info?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Basically what Dave has stated is that the switch can provide up to 8w of PoE power.

Am I correct with this Dave?

halo all,

any info about document which explain this unmanaged switch just have 32W PoE?

regards,

Leo

Cisco SD208P 8-Port 10/100 Switch with PoE: Cisco Small Business Unmanaged Switches

Go to Table 1 and look under "Power over Ethernet (PoE)" and it is stated the following:

PoE Watt Budget: 32W

802.3af Power Consumption: 32W maximum (Ports 1 - 4)

Dear leolaohoo,

thanks for link.

but how about SG100D-08P?its will same?

regards,

leonardus

but how about SG100D-08P?its will same?

08P and 8P are the same model.

Sorry leolaohoo, i think its different between device on your link and what i mean.

in your link the device is : SD208P -> SF100 -08P -> 8x port 10/100 poe

and what i mean is SG100D-08P -> 8x port 10/100/1000 poe

its will be same for PoE Power?

regards,

leo

Sorry.  Looks like I've made a mistake.  The link was for the SG200.

Hi all,

I have written to the unmanaged switch product manager (PM) and asked for a document. he followed up with some detailed specifications that states the POE budget of 32watts spread over ports 1 to 4. My statement above is however correct. 

A section of that document  that the PM sent me,  is copied below;

Can't blame leolaohoo for being confused, as I can find no publically facing document that states the power dedicated to POE ports on the 100 series switches. 

When leolaohoo states in a question in a previous posting and asks for confirmation,  "Basically what Dave has stated is that the switch can provide up to 8w of PoE power. " my appologies for any misunderstanding.

The  8 port unmanged POE switches can provide  up to 32Watts of POE power spread across four ports.

regards Dave

Hey Dave,

Why are you working today?  It's ANZAC day.

Sorry, what I meant was 8 w PoE per port. 

thanks all..

regards,

leonardus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X