Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Microsoft Network Load Balancing on the SG-500

I wanted to know if the Microsoft Network Load Balancing can also be configured on the switch SG-500? and if so, how?

Everyone's tags (1)

Hello,From everything I have

From everything I have read about this service, it is independent of hardware, the configuration is all done on the servers themselves.

Source I used:  Microsoft Network Load Balancing Technical Overview

The section on Ease-of-use talks about there being no hardware changes required for this to work.

Hope that helps and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

Community Member

I refer to the document

I refer to the document loaded.
The commands for configuring multicast on Catalyst switches are also applicable series on small business?
I do not have the ability to remotely access the switches of the customer and then check with your hand.

From looking over your

From looking over your document the unicast solution won't be a problem, but with the multicast setup the issue you run into is needing to set the same MAC address statically on two different interfaces (mac−address−table static 0100.5e11.1111 vlan 200 interface fa2/3 fa2/4).  This is something you cannot go on the SG500s.

I am just going off of these documents, since I cannot really test this here in my lab, but I would say if you want to set it up like that you would need an enterprise switch.

Christopher Ebert

CreatePlease to create content