Views
Helpful
Replies

Mixed environment with Cisco 3750 and SRW248G4

seng.duong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

as mentioned above in the subject field, we are evaluating Linksys for Business products.

We are using Cisco products (i.e. Cisco WS-C3750G-12S-S) for core networking, due to new investment planning, we are evaluation how to upgrade our access switches.

In fact, we would like to implement Linksys by Cisco products,  SRW248G4 specific. These devices should be connected over fibre cabling using Linksys by Cisco MGBSX1 optical modules.

So for these reasons, I have to check, if this design is going to work. May you give any feedback to this?

Thank you in advance.

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Seng

The application will NOT work with MGBSX1 in both the 3750 and the SRW248G4.

You really should have to use a Cisco SFP P/N= GLC-SX-MM in the 3750 and a P/N=MGBSX1 in the SRW248G4  for the application to work.

regards Dave.

Hi Dave,

except this fact, that the Linksys MGBSX1 are not working in 3750 the design should work, am I right?

Do you know anything about any compatibility issues between Cisco WS-C3750 and SRW248G4?

Regards,

Seng

Ni hao Seng,

Without an understanding of what you are trying to achieve I can however say the following;

I have used the wonderful SRW platform (SRW2008P) in my network for two years now. I have no difficulty in setting up VLAN tags and trunking to a traditional Cisco equipment.

Most of the problems I have seen is not understanding how to setup VLANs correctly.  I can appreciate that as VLANs took me a long time to understand.

I think for the benefit of the good people out there that use this community, I should put together a Video on Demand that goes through creating a VLAN that shows how to setup VLANs on a SRW switch, taking into account the three modes the switch ports can be set in (access,general and trunking modes).

regards Dave