Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi casting querier for multiple switches

gkounis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support

I would like to ask you expertise on a matter that is rising as we try to support complex IPTV networks for hotel IPTV.

In hotels generally we have a main switch acting as the single querier in a multi casting network which is being connected through double gigabit trunk lines to switches base on the floors. The floor switches are connected to the terminals(TV sets).

We do have cases especially in bangalows or swites (villas) cases where several TV sets are "falling" over a distant switch and several villas are connected to a central building. Those buildings are generally connected all to a central building which is the administration building. In this one we do have the IPTV streamer, router, firewalls, PMS servers and middleware servers. 

In this case is it possible for the main switch to act as single querier and be connected sequentially to other switches of the buildings which by their turn connect to the last switches of the villas?

In this case we add one more router in the line that in common hotel setting.

Do you think that I need to stack the peripheral routers or can be set by simply adjusting the ports in all switch as multi casting and let the central the main querier?

Since the needs of a single port on IPTV will not be above 20 Mbps the selection of SG350 series is adequate except if the solution does not work and those switches must be stacked and so the SG350X series must be used.

I wish to thank everyone who managed to read up to here and thank you in advance if you provide some feedback

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

Please open a case with Cisco Technical Support. Here is the contact of the technical support :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

Please open a case with Cisco Technical Support. Here is the contact of the technical support :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Hello Iliya,

Thanks for you r answer. The contact refer to the local distributor in Greece which I have already contact for this matter so thank you very much form you answer. I need to buy some test equipment in demo prices for testing various scenarios. Am I eligible to do so in order to have extensive experience with the given equipment before I order for an end client. Please inform relatively. Thanks