Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast across VLANs with the SG350

dennypage
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to set up bidirectional multicast across multiple VLANs with the SG350. I have the following interfaces defined:

Port 1 is an access port in VLAN1

Port 2 is is a trunk port, untagged VLAN1, tagged VLAN2, tagged VLAN3

Port 3 is is a trunk port, untagged VLAN1, tagged VLAN2, tagged VLAN3

My objective is to share (flood) multicast between VLAN1, VLAN2 and VLAN3.

Is this possible with the SG350? If so, I would greatly appreciate any information on how to configure.

Thanks,

Denny

1 Reply 1

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Denny,

In SG350 Switch there is an option called ‘Multicast TV VLAN’ and as per the administration guide it is described as follows…

“Multicast TV VLANs enable Multicast transmissions to subscribers who are not on the same data VLAN (Layer 2-isolated), without replicating the Multicast transmission frames for each subscriber VLAN.

Subscribers, who are not on the same data VLAN (Layer 2-isolated) and are connected to the device with different VLAN ID membership. can share the same Multicast stream by joining the ports to the same Multicast VLAN ID.”

I think that may cater your purpose as per the scenario you have mentioned.

You may refer the administration guide link (Access Port Multicast TV VLAN, page number 236 onwards) regarding the configuration steps…

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/350xg/admin_guide/AG_Tesla_350_550.pdf