cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast Filtering in SRW2024P

richard.baker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Please forgive any ignorances I display here. I am not a IP expert at all.

I have multiple audio hardware that I am networking togther which specifically gives me a MAC address that needs "Layer 2 Multicast Filtering" on one of my switches ports.

My problem is I am trying to replicate a multicast filter that I setup on a SRW 2016, on a SRW 2024P. In the SRW 2016 I assigned a port253 w 50.bmp

statically to a filter defined by the MAC address in the "Bridge Multicast" tab of the web based utility. The SRW 2024P doesnt have this window but I am presuming the "Multicast - Static Member Ports" tab is similar. However this will only allow me to use a IP address to define the filter. How can I use the MAC address to define a multicast filter on the SRW 2024P?

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Richard,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Unfortunately this is something I can not reproduce myself but I totally understand what is going on.  I would first suggest you to upgrade to the latest firmware release v.1.2.9 for SRW2024P switches, and if the desired Layer2 Multicast filtering option is not there, I am afraid there is not much to do since these switches series are already End-of-Life/End-of-SW Support so no new firmware releases will be developed.

Something I noticed is the firmware release version used by the SRW2016 that you mentioned, v1.2.2b for WebView and 1.0.1 for WebView v1; those firmware releases are available for the SRW2024 switches as well but not for your PoE version switch, so if Power over Ethernet is not a feature you use or need, you may try the same firmware you use on the 2016 on the 2024P.  This is just an idea and it is totally up to you to try it out, as I said before the product is not longer being supported unless you have a warranty/contract extension where you can contact support to have a service request opened and better figure this out.

http://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=282414052&flowid=3663

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbcountrysupport

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.