cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Native VLAN missmatch at port-channels

Stel Vlach
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured a LACP port-channel between a SG50052 and a Catalyst 3650. I get a lot of CDP messages at SG's console about native VLAN missmatch even though the trunks and port-channels seem up and running at both ends. This is happening for a couple of days now, but fortunately without any issue on conectivity.

I tried shutting down ports at both ends and reconfiguring the port-channels but I got the same results. I tried even setting the native vlan at the port-channel interface config and also by setting the native vlan at all interfaces with interface range command. Same results either way.

So what's the most proper way to configure it ? Thanks in advance.

PS: Is there any command like "default interface ......." at Small Business switches ?

2 Replies 2

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Kindly check the VLAN configuration on Catalyst 3650 ports which are added to port-channel.Native vlan configuration of these ports should match with  ports which are added to port-channel of SG500-52.

regards

Moorthy

Hello Vasukris. Thanks for your reply. Both ends have the same Native VLAN setting, both at port level and at port-channel.