Views
Helpful
Replies

NetFlow and Bandwidth Monitoring on SGE2000

wowtel888
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the SGE2000 supports NetFlow?

I've checked the Cisco docs and also called Cisco support to which no one has been able to answer me, either yay or nay, just no one can give me an answer which is really bizarre.

Anyhow, just in case it doesn't support NetFlow, has anyone been able to set up something that would be able to check the bandwidth usage on each port?

I've got a problem where I think the SGE2000 switch is failing when I pump around 190~200Mbps through x2 of the ports (Server A on port 1=130Mbps and Server B on port 2=60Mbps) of Multicast traffic (UDP).  I can measure the output from the Streaming servers that provide the multicast content, thats how I know the input to the switch and I know that there are no packets lost or any errors departing from the servers, yet when I increase server B to say 80Mbps, I get break up and all sorts of problems on the client end STBs and it is happening on the multicast content provided by Server A too which is a different source, so I'm 99.9% sure its a SGE2000 switch problem which is why I'd like to monitor it somehow...

Can anyone help?  Any suggestions? Would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Pietro,

The information I have found on the cisco.com site just shows net flow works with catalyst switches and certain routers. So I would say NO: SGE2000 doesn’t support Net flow

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6601/prod_white_papers_list.html

Once you get some captured data call back into the support center @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a case to start process of obtaining a resolution.

Thanks,

Jasbryan