Views
Helpful
Replies

No longer able to access Web Management after Firmware Update [SF200]

grounds125
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Today I was attempting to set up SNMP on our SF200-48 switch. I realized we were running old firmware which does not support SNMP and that the most current version (1.4.0.88) does support it. I attempted to upgrade the firmware but it failed, so I decided to install the 1.1.2.0 firmware because I read that the firmware flash process has changed before 1.4

Unfortunately, after rebooting I was no longer able to access web management on the switch. Unfortunately SF200 switches do not support CLI.

The switch is functional and responds to ping, but I cannot get into management to do anything, is there any steps we can try or will I need to reset the switch? After resetting the switch, will I lose any configuration but still not be able to access management? We do not have any other switches to drop in place of this one, and I'd like to minimize downtime as much as possible.

thanks,

Graham Rounds

1 Reply 1

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Graham,

if you are sure that the ping response is coming from the switch then I guess the only thing you could try is the factory reset but you will loose all the configuration. You might call also Small Business Team and open a ticket so they will proceed with RMA if necessary: 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Aleksandra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X