cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Text in IE11 for SG200-26

pauli2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,  I seen to remember this happening once before but cannot remember the fix.  I am tryng to access my SG200-26 via IE11 but it is not displaying correctly.  I have buttons but no text in them so it is rather difficult to navigate.  I also have a SG200-08 which displays fine.  Does anyone know how to get the interface to display correctly?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Please go to IE compatibility view settings and add this site to Compatibility View, refresh the page.

Regards,

Aleksandra

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Please go to IE compatibility view settings and add this site to Compatibility View, refresh the page.

Regards,

Aleksandra

I have this behaviour on Ie11 (with or without compatibility mode enabled), FF 33.1.1, Iron 35 on a Win8.1 x64 device, on my Android cell phone with Firefox and Chrome and on my iPad running Safari.
On all 3 devices I can not see any text. I rebootet the switch, same error. I resetted to factory defaults, same error. Only when connecting from a IE9 device running SBS 2011 I can see any text.

Updating to newest firmware bring error that file is oversize. My active firmware image is 1.3.7.18

Attached screenshots with text (IE9 on Windows Server 2008R2) and without (IE11 on Windows 8.1x64)

Hi Maniac,

For the upgrade please check the following post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12321266/firmware-upgrade-troubleshooting-300-and-500-series-managed-switches

with browser issue also adding site to trusted helps: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12358601/sg200-50p-web-interface-problems

Lets see how it looks like after upgrade of the firmware and boot code.

Aleksandra

After updating bootcode and firmware to newest versions (1.3.5.06/1.4.0.88), the same error as before. No text on IE11, FF34.0 and Iron 35

Any other ideas ?

In IE11 please try to add this site to trusted:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12358601/sg200-50p-web-interface-problems

I suppose you mean I should add the address of the switch instead the one you added.
I already added the switch address to list of trusted sites, but this not helps.
Please keep in mind, that I have this behaviour on several different browsers on different machines:

Desktop client
- IE11 on Windows 8.1x64
- Firefox 34 on Windows 8.1x64
- Iron 35 on Windows 8.1x64

Notebook1
- IE11 on Windows 8.1x64

Notebook2
- IE11 on Windows 10

Cell phone:
- Chrome 28 on Android (KitKat)
- Firefox 34 on Android

iPad:
- Mobile Safari 8 on iOS 8.1
- Chrome 39 on iOS 8.1

Additional Info:
When opening the online device emulator under https://www.cisco.com/assets/sol/sb/Nikola_GUI/SG_200-50P_v1_1/config/home_sx200.htm

I shortly see the menu text on the left side until it disappears. Then I see a mixed picture (text on main screen, only boxes on menu frame)

Asked a friend of me who is CCNA certified to open the device emulator from his client. He not sees any text on the webpage from Cisco (where the emulator is located) too. So it seems that this is a code issue of the software in emulator AND in BIOS of the SG200. The emulator issue is only appearing on IE11. The issue with my switch is appearing with much different browsers that not have a possibility to "tune" the compability mode.

Is there really nobody at Cisco that can solve this problem ???

Hi Maniac_69,

Thank you for the information. I have alerted the team and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Cindy
e-Support
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Hi Maniac,

we tried on several devices and browsers also on the mobile devices but not seeing similar issue. It could be just limited to your switch. Please contact Small Business:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Aleksandra

Since we have no more warranty on this device and not want dispose it (because it's working fine usually) we tried to downgrade the FW to the lowest available version, resetted the device to factory defaults and have the same issue.
Then we tried to access the device with other webbrowsers and found, that with PaleMoon (portable) in version 25.1.0 (x64) the text is visible.
We choosed a portable webbrowser to make sure that in future it will works fine too if you disabled automatic updates.
So if anyone has the same problems and no more warranty on the device it's the cheapest, quickest solution to use an alternative browser that works with the switch and is only used for configuring the switch.

Hi Maniac_69,

I wonder if the problem is not related to some specific security settings on your network, perhaps antivirus?

Regards,

Aleksandra

And the security settings (AV scanner or any other) works on iPad, Android cell phone, 2 Windows 8.1 clients and a Windows 10 client similar ? Even if I not have installed a antivirus solution everywhere ? Even if the Win10 and Win8.1 have different AV solutions ?
The settings from my ISP (if there any apply) could not be the reason too, because with IE9 from the same location and same internet access gateway it works fine.

Hi Maniac,

No offense I am just trying to understand why you have an issue almost from any device and none else is reporting the same.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Hi Aleksandra,

this I'm trying to understand too. But at the moment I have no clue why this issue occurs. But for me, the current "solution" with using a portable browser is OK. I not have to re-configure the switch that often. ;-)

Wesołych Świąt Bożego Narodzenia i szczęśliwego Nowego Roku