cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP configuration on SG200 switch

DonBAndrews
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured several NTP servers to pull time from, but the status always shows that the host is down.

I have confirmed with several internal servers that they can reach the NTP servers, but the switch doesn't seem to be able to pull time information from them. I am running the latest firmware (1.4.0.88) and Boot version is 1.3.5.06 Under Clock source settings, I have enabled NTP as the main clock source with PC time as the secondary time source. List of NTP servers I have attempted to use: 0.ca.pool.ntp.org 1.ca.pool.ntp.org 2.ca.pool.ntp.org 3.ca.pool.ntp.org time-a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov time-b.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov time.nist.gov tock.usno.navy.mil All have poll interval set to enable. All report as server down and never have an updated date.

​Any hints as to how to get this running?

3 Replies 3

Zach S
Level 1
Level 1

Don,

It may be worth checking your boundary/firewall to see if NTP (UPD port 123) is allowed across it.

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

Who is your NTP server? Is it a Cisco router, or Windows Server?
If its a windows server d know that there are special configurations you need to do in the registry in order for Cisco to recognize it

Yeah, also check port 123/UDP if its allowed

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Can you ping them? You need route to internet and valid reachable name servers configured before that will work. 

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --