We have about 20 clients on our SBS network. I purchased a SG300-28 about 3 months ago, and at first everything was fine. Then a few weeks ago some users with 100M network cards started reporting that their pc's were very slow. Today I went to those pc's and ran a utility called LanSpeedTest.exe I found that on the problem pc's this was only reporting 7Mb/s on the read cycle. Previously I would get about 80Mb/s on those machines. As far as I know, the 1G machines aren't having any issues.
The fix was quite simple. I had to unplug each cable from the switch and plug it into a different socket. The speed was instantly back up to normal again. Unplugging the cable and putting it back in the same socket did not fix anything.
Although I am the network administrator, my background is in programming. So i'm not an expert here. I just need to understand what is happening. But also I would like to know if I can use the web interface to diagnose this issue and do some sort of reset instead of having to switch cables around.
Sx550X, Sx350X, Sx250: PSE will Supply Power to Catalyst PSE Ports
May 31, 2016
June 5, 2017
Configure Remote Network Monitoring (RMON) Events Control Settings on a Switch through the Command Line Interface (CLI)
Remote Network Monitoring (RMON) was developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) to support...