Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

POE Alert

I am getting this alert every second. It is slowing my server down to  a crawl.

Alert %HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR(i2c_read_mem failed addr 0x1214 dev_num 0 val 0x0) was detected: POE is Disabled untill Reset  

Any help is appreciated.

• Small Business Switches
3 REPLIES
VIP Gold

You consider us prophets isn

You consider us prophets isn't it ? You mentioned no device mode, no firmware version, just a message and you are expecting valuable advice. Hm ...

Well, I can do some black magic for you, but I expect you will rate it well if helpful.

You have SF300, SG300, SG500, SG500X or similar and you upgraded it from 1.2.7 to 1.2.9 or more recent firmware, isn't it ?

Just downgrade back to 1.2.7.

-> CSCuv51342

I apologize for the lack of

I apologize for the lack of information.

I have an SG200 26P switch.

Firmware is: Version 1.3.7.18

The issue was still there after I reset it to factory default. I upgraded the firmware to 1.3.7.18 hoping to get to one that resolved the problem. 

Thanks again.

VIP Gold

OK. If you upgraded firmware

OK. If you upgraded firmware of switch BEFORE the issue has manifested lets downgrade it to last working firmware version. Otherwise ...

I see no 1.3.7.* firmware on list of firmwares available for download. It mean it's not recommended firmware version. So try most recent firmware  (1.4.7.06) instead.

If no firmware upgrade/downgrade will solve the issue consider hardware fault and apply for warranty. Or you may try to contact Cisco SMB Support Center to ask for advice.

Views
Helpful
Replies