Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Security

Dear All,

anyone has deploy port security on SMB Switch (SRW series)?

what i need to do if i want deploy this secanario ?

- one port just for 1 mac address

- if another mac address show up on that port, the port must be shutdown

please help me.

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Is the SRW you reference,  one of the new SRWxxx-K9  (300 series) switch,  or the old switch pre-300 series version?

If the switch is a current 300 series product,  the action on switch port security violation could be, as taken from the 300 series Admin guide, highlighted in the red box below.;

View solution in original post

Hi Leonardus,

The port security mode lock, command  is performed once for a interface or range of interfaces,  and doesn't appear in the running config.

It saves the current dynamic MAC addresses associated with the port and disables learning, relearning and aging.

On my switch after the lock command was performed, I can see that my switch statically defined the MAC entries for three SPA500 phone devices in two vlans;

mac address-table static 00:02:fd:ff:c0:f4 vlan 1 interface gigabitethernet2 secure

mac address-table static 00:24:97:f0:55:f6 vlan 1 interface gigabitethernet6 secure

mac address-table static 00:25:84:d8:d0:08 vlan 1 interface gigabitethernet4 secure

mac address-table static 00:02:fd:ff:c0:f4 vlan 100 interface gigabitethernet2 secure

mac address-table static 00:24:97:f0:55:f6 vlan 100 interface gigabitethernet6 secure

mac address-table static 00:25:84:d8:d0:08 vlan 100 interface gigabitethernet4 secure

On my 10 port switch SGE300-10P,  the following command was entered into the CLI,

interface range gi1-8

port security discard-shutdown

The CLI command port security discard-shutdown,  should perform the action you need, which is discards packets with unlearned source addresses

and shuts down the port.

I plugged a PC into the back of the SPA phone and the LED lights on the switch  turned off. Power was still getting to the phone.

So the switch port did shutdown and i had to enable the port as shown below.

I have seen a interesting behaviour in the GUI, which I am checking with the Support Centers Subject Matter expert. but the port did lock the number of MAC addresses and shutdown the port, when it saw the appearance of another Layer 2 host on the port.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Is the SRW you reference,  one of the new SRWxxx-K9  (300 series) switch,  or the old switch pre-300 series version?

If the switch is a current 300 series product,  the action on switch port security violation could be, as taken from the 300 series Admin guide, highlighted in the red box below.;

hai David,

nice info..

after i try to configure follow the configuration guide, i found another problem.

the port can't learn anything of Mac Address after i enable port security as below :

Port security max 1

port security mode lock

port security discard shutdown

so i try this configuration to :

port security max 1

port security mode max-addresses

port security discard shutdown

and with this configuration, Mac Adress can learn as much as end point device.

can everybody share detail feature from port security on SRW?

it is different with Catalyst switch

Hi Leonardus,

The port security mode lock, command  is performed once for a interface or range of interfaces,  and doesn't appear in the running config.

It saves the current dynamic MAC addresses associated with the port and disables learning, relearning and aging.

On my switch after the lock command was performed, I can see that my switch statically defined the MAC entries for three SPA500 phone devices in two vlans;

mac address-table static 00:02:fd:ff:c0:f4 vlan 1 interface gigabitethernet2 secure

mac address-table static 00:24:97:f0:55:f6 vlan 1 interface gigabitethernet6 secure

mac address-table static 00:25:84:d8:d0:08 vlan 1 interface gigabitethernet4 secure

mac address-table static 00:02:fd:ff:c0:f4 vlan 100 interface gigabitethernet2 secure

mac address-table static 00:24:97:f0:55:f6 vlan 100 interface gigabitethernet6 secure

mac address-table static 00:25:84:d8:d0:08 vlan 100 interface gigabitethernet4 secure

On my 10 port switch SGE300-10P,  the following command was entered into the CLI,

interface range gi1-8

port security discard-shutdown

The CLI command port security discard-shutdown,  should perform the action you need, which is discards packets with unlearned source addresses

and shuts down the port.

I plugged a PC into the back of the SPA phone and the LED lights on the switch  turned off. Power was still getting to the phone.

So the switch port did shutdown and i had to enable the port as shown below.

I have seen a interesting behaviour in the GUI, which I am checking with the Support Centers Subject Matter expert. but the port did lock the number of MAC addresses and shutdown the port, when it saw the appearance of another Layer 2 host on the port.

regards Dave

hai all,

i already get the idea about port security on SRW..

thanks for help,

regards