Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Cisco SG300 switch

aegx00001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a problem with Cisco SG300-20 switch. After power outage the switch boots in some kind of mode. It requires

MAC address and Serial number to be entered manually for the device. I tried to find information about this mode but without success.

My question is: What is this mode and how to make the switch boot in this mode ?

How can I boot the switch in this mode on purpose if that happens again and I enter the wrong information by accident.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Aegx, this is a rare incident where the switch essentially forgets its identity. Although the switch is recoverable, it is recommended to RMA the switch.

If you are certain you have no warranty coverage, all of the information that is asked is on the bottom sticker of the switch. If the sticker is not present you wouldn't be able to make this correct.

In addition, if you make a typographical error, the switch will have adverse failures which are permanent such as the inability to update software.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Aegx, this is a rare incident where the switch essentially forgets its identity. Although the switch is recoverable, it is recommended to RMA the switch.

If you are certain you have no warranty coverage, all of the information that is asked is on the bottom sticker of the switch. If the sticker is not present you wouldn't be able to make this correct.

In addition, if you make a typographical error, the switch will have adverse failures which are permanent such as the inability to update software.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the information. We will try to RMA the switch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X