Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with ports of two SLM2048

oscarhernando
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:
I have a problem with two models of SLM2048.
I only than configured in  these devices was 4 Vlans and one link Aggregation port between these devices.
I'm detecting than some ports don´t work (I connect one workstation in these port and the port don´t up, but in other port if up)
Can be a hardware failure? or can be the switch is blocking these port?
Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

I am not sure I fully understand your port problems.  Is this a single port failure or do you have an end to end problem between ports on two different switches?

Andrew Lissitz

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

I am not sure I fully understand your port problems.  Is this a single port failure or do you have an end to end problem between ports on two different switches?

Andrew Lissitz

Hello Andrew:

I have a problem with two different switches, these devices are working since two months and now I have detected than there are interfaces than don´t work in each devices.( the switches is connect between they by a link aggregation)

Can be some protocol than disable the interfaces? or is a hardware failure?

Best Regards

Yes configuration can administratively disable ports, and you should be able to re-enable the ports via the gui and selecting the ports. An example might be 'bpdu-guard'.  In this case, if a bpdu was discovered on a port, the port would be administratively shut down.

If the port is hardware down, then you have a bad port.  I would suggest calling our support for these if the ports are broken, if it under warranty then it should be replaced by us.

On the right hand side of this page, you can see a link for our support center:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/smallbizsupport

HTH,

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X