cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with vlan configuration in SF300-24 24-Port 10/100 Managed Switch

Ivan Perino
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with  a SF300-24 24-Port 10/100 Managed Switch. One of the interfaces loses the vlan configuratiuon whet the switch restarts. Off course I saved the changes. I tried  to upgrade the switch but still have the problem. This issue happens just in one of the interfaces.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I have had that happen when auto smart ports are enabled.  Try no macro auto smart ports for that interface and see if it helps.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

I changed the settings of the interface as you suggested but the problem still occur. I have a PC connected in that interface, in the first moment I thought the switch does not save any changes but it happens only in that interface. that interface have a vlan untagged and I want to change it to another untagged vlan but when the switch restarts, the interface, returns into the before untagged vlan.

Hi, is this port configured an access, trunk, general or customer port?

If not, please configure as access port, save the config (wr mem) then disconnect the wire from the switch and reboot the switch. Once the switch boots back up, verify the port setting remains. If the port setting remains, connect your device, reboot the switch and check again.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

The port was configured as an access. 
I reset de switch to defaults configuration and I configured again all the vlans to each port, and now is working ok. All the vlans stay the same after reset.
Next time I will try to save configuration in the port without link, is easier than reset the whole switch.
This is not the first time I have this problem in a sf300 and is such a big problem, because you do not realize the problem until its happens a cut in the energy.

Reset the switch to default configuration is not a good solution. 

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X