cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about VLAN Routing on SG200

tonynguyen1
Level 1
Level 1

I know that the SG200 series has VLAN support but was wondering it would support VLAN routing within the switch itself.

Hypothetically if I wer eto configure the ports as following:

Ports 1-10 on VLAN 1

Ports 11-20 on VLAN 2

Ports 21-30 on VLAN 3

Can devices on all the ports talk to each other without needing to purchase additional networking equipment?

Thanks in advance for the help.

6 Replies 6

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tony,

The 200's can segment traffic into VLANs, but IP switching between VLANs can be achieved on the SG300 series and the older Sx500 series switches.

regards Dave

Thanks David.

If I go with the SG200, can I use the Cisco RV220W to route traffic between all the VLANS?

Hi Tony,

That is a solution, use a VLAN aware router such as a RV220W  to route between the SG200 VLANs.

For your information, if you are a Cisco Partner, you should have access to the Rv220W GUI emulator.

This is a great page for you to check out the management interfaces for both the 200 series switches and the RV220W.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/onlinedemos

The RV220W is a vlan aware product that can work with four configured VLANs. Hopefully that is enough.

regards Dave

Is it 4 Vlan? Google seems to tell me 16.

Thanks!

Please see this post on the RV220W.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3589735#3589735

I've been told this uses to route 16 VLANS? Now it routes only 4?

What do I do if I ned more than 4, however 16 is enough which I hope the RV220W actually supports.

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I responded to that posting you referenced.

regards Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X