Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

"HW version is V"

My company has been having a few issues recently where SG300-28A switches 'go dead' to field locations. When they arrive back to us we take a look at them and are prompted for the MAC address, serial number, and hardware version. After a lot of fighting we get it to accept the MAC and serial number in some cases, however the hardware version prompts for a xx.xx.xx format. When I look at the other switches we have they are a mix of 'V01' and 'V02'. If I enter either of these the HW version ends up being accepted as 'V'. If I leave it blank it says the HW version has not been changed and it also says HW version is V.

I have a few questions:

1) Does having the HW version as V create any issues? I would call this the most important question.

2) Is there any way for me to determine the HW version from looking at labels on the exterior of the switch? Obviously the switch no longer knows what it is so I can't pull it from there.

3) Assuming I am able to determine what the original HW version was, is there any way for me to revise it back to the correct version after it has the above mentioned identity crisis?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

2 REPLIES
Silver

"HW version is V"

Hi Ryan,

Please call the Small Business Support Center and speak with an engineer.  They will be able to help you.  The phone numbers are located here: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Hello,

Hello,

I've exactly the same Issue.

Can you tell me how did you solve this Issue ?

Views
Helpful
Replies