Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote monitoring of SG200-08 (SLM2008T-EU)

I've just gotten a SG200-08 (SLM2008T-EU), which I would like to monitor remotely from Cacti using SNMP. It seems however, that this switch has no SNMP support - is this correct? Does this mean that there is no way to monitor traffic over the switch's ports short of making a script access the web UI?

2 REPLIES
Gold

Remote monitoring of SG200-08 (SLM2008T-EU)

Ole,

Thank you for posting. The SG200 series switches have RMON support. Please see the Admin Guide for details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sg200/administration_guide/78-19562.pdf

Hi mpyhala; You might have

Hi mpyhala; 

You might have missed where the original poster asked about REMOTE monitoring using SNMP, but it's quite possible I haven't understood your response.

You might not be familiar with "cacti", so let me summarize: it's a software that -- among other things -- polls devices such as switches using SNMP "get" operations.

Your response seems to answer with "RMON", but I don't see how the RMON allows SNMP polling.

Can you point me to a PDF and a page number showing where SNMP polling is done using RMON facility?  I would very much appreciate your help there.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content