Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Setting the uplink on two SRW2042 's

Hi everyone.

I have two srw 2042 switches connected to each other via a patch cable. I have not changed any port settings everything is factory default . Do I need to configure an uplink port for each switch to speed up things or is this automaticly done by the switch? If I do need to asign an uplink port please provide detailed instructions. I did also notice a "back pressure" feature under port managment and was wondering if that helps with an uplink port.

One more thing. When using the web managment app under ~statistics~ ..  ~port utilization~ it initialy shows a few ports at 100% utilization until i set the refresh feature ON to refresh the stats. It then changes the stats to a normal range of about 6% usage. Once the refresh feature is on the ports never go over 10% yet if i log out and back in and check these settings the initial utilization is 100%. Could this just be buggy software?

Thanks!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Hi Chris, there is not a special uplink port for these products. Any port can service that need (and in default state). The port utilization is probably just a software caveat. These products are very old.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
1 REPLY
Green

Hi Chris, there is not a special uplink port for these products. Any port can service that need (and in default state). The port utilization is probably just a software caveat. These products are very old.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content