Views
Helpful
Replies

SF-300 sh running-config output

Bartosz Kois
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Would it be possible to change output style of "sh running-config" in SF-300 switches to Cisco IOS-like format (eg.: options related to the specific interface put together, add tabs) in the next release? That would be much more readable.

Thanks for any replay.

24 Replies 24

Hi

I`ve noticed that you published the new version of firmware for SF-300 switches (Sx300_FW-1.1.2.0.ros). I`ve tested it, but there is still problem with ACLs. When there will be avaible a fixed version of firmware?

Best regards

Bartosz Kois

Hi Sir,

Unfortunately, we are not able to include this ACL fixing on this new 1.1.2.0 release. We will have this fix on the next maintenance release.

Hi

There is also one more nice future that could be added. During TDR test switch could print the fact that one or more of the cooper wires are shorter than others (e.g. one cooper wire was cut in the middle).

Hi Sir,

Thank you to bring out this to our attention. We will look into and see whether it's doable, especially for Cat5 cable.

Thank you again.

Hi,

I would like to report a bug with the management VLAN.

By default we set our management VLAN to another VLAN e.g. 25, so that we can remotely manage the switches via our management VLAN and respective IP.

After upgrading a switch out of the box with this new firmware, we cannot change the management VLAN from VLAN 1.

To change, we have to revert to the original firmware, change the management VLAN and then switch the image to the new.

Can you check on this?

Thanks.

Sir,

Thank you to report this issue to our attention. For further investigation, can you let us know the version of "this new firmware"? Is it 1.1.2.0? How about the version of "original firmware"? Is it 1.1.1.8?

Please kindly advice if you got chance.

Thank you.

Hi, sorry for the much delayed response.

Here's the version info.

So if I need to change the management VLAN to something other than 1, e.g. 25, I have to do it with version 1.0.0.27 first and then change the active image to 1.1.2.0.

I can't upgrade a switch out of the box and then change the management VLAN from the default of 1.

Thanks.

Bartosz Kois
Level 1
Level 1

When the new firmware will be released? I'm asking because I have to know if the problem with ACL will be fixed or I return switch as it not functioning properly.

Hi Sir,

The new firmware release will be available in May/June time frame. The early time we can provide the beta release is April time frame. Will this work out for you?

Thank you

I wouldn`t say that half of a year is a proper time for fixing important bug in the software (especially if the device is branded by cisco).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X