cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF 302 switch, Firmware 1.3.0.62 & Address Translation Tables

sysadmin9
Level 1
Level 1

We have used a number of LinkSys/Cisco Small Business Switches over the years in our infrastructure.  As part of our network monitoring, we use SNMP to query the Address Translation tables of our switches on a schedule (mib: 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.1).

We just bought a number of SF 302-08P switches for deployment.  What do you do before deploying?  Update to the latest firmware!

The switches had an identical configuration to our other switches, but we were not getting the AT tables.

Long story short:  We used a number of utilities to query the mibs, but the address translation section just seemed to be missing.  'snmpwalk' (for example) did successfully return a volume of data.  Downgrading the firmware to the default 1.1.2.0 immediately fixed the problem.

So the questions:  Did I miss something?  Is there some new configuration that I couldn't find in the documentation?  Is it a bug?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi sysadmin, this seems to be a discrepancy (we can call it a bug). I will confirm it against my lab then send it to the product management for review.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X