cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF100D-05 not working properly

jsrousseau
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently testing 80 units (SF100D-05) and so far (after 20 units tested) 10 are not working properly.

It's always 1,2 or 3 different ports that do not seem to connect properly (not status led on). On a single unit its always the same ports, but not the same ports from unit to unit, and never more than 3 unresponsive ports.

Cisco needs to tell us what is going on.  And if they know anything about this.

We are currently building a system where we prototyped using a fully functionnal unit. Now that we have to scale things up, it's impossible to rely on all the units we got.

Thanks

http://www.eskistudio.com

2 Replies 2

jsrousseau
Level 1
Level 1

I just finished testing all the units and I have at least 40 (!!) bad ones , over a total of 80.This is really not looking good ...

Just so you know, I have tested all 5 ports on each unit the following way :

Tested every single port with 3 different devices :

- 1 PC (HP HPE-170f, http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/rts_desktop/rts_desktop//3/storefronts/AY604AA%2523ABA)

- 1 Advantech ADAM-6050 device

- 1 Enttec OpenDMX Ethernet (ODE)

Interesting note ; The port will always work with he Enttec ODE. And when the port does not seem to work its either the ADAM-6050, the
PC, or both of them.

I can't believe I just did some QA for Cisco... I always thought you guys were on top of it...

So now we will be looking to apply the warranty. And shop for other units...

If a rep hears me, just get in touch with us, via email.

Thanks,

jsr@eskistudio.com

Hi Jean-Sebastian Rousseau,

If your product is within warranty I suggest calling the Cisco Small Business Support Center or do an online chat with a Cisco Small Business Support Center Engineer for help.

The phone numbers in your area are located here and to do an Online Chat with a Small Business Support Engineer go here.

Regards,

Cindy

Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business
Support Community Manager
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X