cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF300-48p suddenly switches off his ports

Boris Uskov
Level 4
Level 4

We noticed, that from time to time the switch SF300-48p switches off his ports without an apparent reason. The IP telephones are connected to the switch using PoE.

At a random time, the switch shuts off all his ports, then turns them all on and after Spanning tree process (Blocking -> Learning -> Forwarding) begins to send "native vlan mistmatch" log.

The log of the situation is in the attach. Please, give us any ideas, what could be the reason of the situation, and how can the problem be more deaply investigated.

5 Replies 5

Boris,

Please post a sanitized version of the switch config and I will take a look at it.

Richard

Hello, Richard.

Posting the config in the attach. Thanks in advance.

Hi Boris, it looks like the macros are jacked up. A lot of the ports say dynamic-type unknown and a ge-1 link says switch no switch over and over. I'm not sure what happened to that switch during installation / configuration but it seems like a lot of trial/error there which may cause the macros to get messed up.

I'd personally default the switch and put a clean configuration there. There shouldn't be any convoluted macro entries.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I agree with Tom. I do not see a reason for those macros and starting with a clean config is the right way to go about this.

Richard

Richard, Tom, thanks a lot for an advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X