Views
Helpful
Replies

SFE2000P failed in Telnet on TACACS

PFG TAC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm doing some tesing in SFE2000P linksys switch about the TACACS authentication. I have configured the switch accodringly to point my ACS server with key string. Now, I'm able to login into the switch with TACACS account in HTTP/HTTPS only and but, not with the TELNET access.

Still Switch is authenticating with the local user account only, when in TELNET access method.

Thanks in Advance, kindly advise me on this.

6 Replies 6

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi PFG TAC

Since the SFE2000P is labeled linksys, i wonder if it is running the newest  version 3.0.1.0  of the firmware ?

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/pub/software/portal/select.html?&i=!m&mdfid=282414066

Sound like , if it is running the latest firmware you might speak with the folks at Small Business Support Center to come to a resolution with  the TACACS issue..

http://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

regards Dave

I have resolved the problem on yesterday...

Linksys switch configuration is something different method to achieve that, I have configured a policy “Network Default” for TACACS  authentication for login and if, the server is not reachable for some reason, then it automatically fails to local account. Now, the switch is able to authenticate with TACACS account for HTTP/HTTPS,TELNET and SSH methods.

Do the above configuration in GUI mode and in IE browser only. I have noticed, couple of things, some of the configuration is not support,even you use in other browser (firefox).

Still, LCLI mode will not work for TACACS account.

Yep,

yep, you took a chance with the unsupported LCLI interface. 

Good to hear the configuration works with the supported interface.

thanks for the update

regards Dave

Have you try to acheive this for LCLI mode.

I don't think, the upgrade to latest firmware will help us to resolve the problem.

Hi

I thought you said in an earlier post that the problem is resolved ?

I would try the latest version of code due to enhancements and fixes in firmware. 

But it is your prerogative to do as you wish to do, the release notes would never mention fixes to a unsupported interface.

regards Dave

Yes, I have resolved the problem, now am able to login into switch with the TACACS accoint in HTTP/HTTPS,TELNET and SSH access method.

But, still this is not solved the LCLI access moethod and I too agree this is unsupported mode of access.

Have you tried with the latest firmware to solve the LCLI mode problem, if, yes please share the code details. So, i will try it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X