cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 200-18 - change Management-VLAN / telnet/ssh-access?

ewald.jenisch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've got a SG200-18 switch that is to be used as a workgroup switch in our environment (SW

Version 1.1.1.8). Working with CLI on big and mid-range Cisco-gear over the past two decades I'm having a hard time figuring out the following on the SG200:

o) I want to change the Management-VLAN from the default "1" to the management-VLAN used in our environment. Sure enough I created that vlan in the SG200-config, however when it comes to assigning the management-IP and VLAN for the management interface in the corresponding pulldown under "IPv4 interface -> Management VLAN" the only thing selectable is the default "1". (see screenshots enclosed)

So how do I set a management VLAN different from 1?

o) How do I enable telnet/ssh-access to the SG200-18 - I'd be far more comfortable with a CLI-environment ;-)

Thanks much in advance for your help,

-ewald

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Ewald,

The Sx200 series switch does not currently offer a CLI option. The Sx300 and 500 series do have this feature though.

As for chaning the management vlan, you have two options.

1) Change the default vlan under VLAN Management > Default vlan Settings. This will change all ports and the management vlan.

2) Add a port as an untagged port in the new vlan. Once this is done, make sure something is connected to that port, like a computer. Now you should be able to change the management vlan. (this is done to prevent lock out)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Ewald,

The Sx200 series switch does not currently offer a CLI option. The Sx300 and 500 series do have this feature though.

As for chaning the management vlan, you have two options.

1) Change the default vlan under VLAN Management > Default vlan Settings. This will change all ports and the management vlan.

2) Add a port as an untagged port in the new vlan. Once this is done, make sure something is connected to that port, like a computer. Now you should be able to change the management vlan. (this is done to prevent lock out)

Thanks alot!

Option 1 did the trick.

-ewald

Hello.

I have a similar problem with switch sf200-48.

I can't change managment vlan from default. Item not active.

I execute this two options.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X