cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 200-18 - change Management-VLAN / telnet/ssh-access?

ewald.jenisch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've got a SG200-18 switch that is to be used as a workgroup switch in our environment (SW

Version 1.1.1.8). Working with CLI on big and mid-range Cisco-gear over the past two decades I'm having a hard time figuring out the following on the SG200:

o) I want to change the Management-VLAN from the default "1" to the management-VLAN used in our environment. Sure enough I created that vlan in the SG200-config, however when it comes to assigning the management-IP and VLAN for the management interface in the corresponding pulldown under "IPv4 interface -> Management VLAN" the only thing selectable is the default "1". (see screenshots enclosed)

So how do I set a management VLAN different from 1?

o) How do I enable telnet/ssh-access to the SG200-18 - I'd be far more comfortable with a CLI-environment ;-)

Thanks much in advance for your help,

-ewald

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Ewald,

The Sx200 series switch does not currently offer a CLI option. The Sx300 and 500 series do have this feature though.

As for chaning the management vlan, you have two options.

1) Change the default vlan under VLAN Management > Default vlan Settings. This will change all ports and the management vlan.

2) Add a port as an untagged port in the new vlan. Once this is done, make sure something is connected to that port, like a computer. Now you should be able to change the management vlan. (this is done to prevent lock out)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Ewald,

The Sx200 series switch does not currently offer a CLI option. The Sx300 and 500 series do have this feature though.

As for chaning the management vlan, you have two options.

1) Change the default vlan under VLAN Management > Default vlan Settings. This will change all ports and the management vlan.

2) Add a port as an untagged port in the new vlan. Once this is done, make sure something is connected to that port, like a computer. Now you should be able to change the management vlan. (this is done to prevent lock out)

Thanks alot!

Option 1 did the trick.

-ewald

Hello.

I have a similar problem with switch sf200-48.

I can't change managment vlan from default. Item not active.

I execute this two options.