Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 200 and SF 200 switches

satya mothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

I have more than 500 SG200,SF200 switches in my network. Now we are running a project to standardised the configuration on every switch. So we nned to collect running config,inventery ets from this switches, which takes lot of time as this switches are GUI based.

I have worked before with CNA and CCA, but they are not working with this software/tools.

Please advice if any other tool/software workes for this switches .

Regards,

Satya.M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Solarwinds NPM might be able to help you out, but I would use snmpwalk and snmpget to ensure that the Sx200 will report the information you need before investing money in any commercial product.

The Sx200 switches are not completely managed. They're in a category known as "smart switches" and only have rudimentary functionality for small business use. For what you're doing, Cisco definitely has a solution, which is to use the Sx300, Sx500 or Catalyst switches. These devices support full remote management capabilities, unlike the smart switches.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

The CNA and CCA tools don't support the Cisco Small Business switch line, and the Sx200 switches don't support any kind of CLI that you can script against, so gathering data is a little more difficult. These switches do support SNMP, so you should be able to use any SNMP-capable tool to gather inventory from them, but anything not obtainable via SNMP is going to need to be done via the web GUI.

Tnx Jody, So do you feel solarwind will help me in some extend?

But to access this switches in wan network/remote end, really its very difficult. Wish Cisco should find some solution for this.

Regards,

Satya.M

Solarwinds NPM might be able to help you out, but I would use snmpwalk and snmpget to ensure that the Sx200 will report the information you need before investing money in any commercial product.

The Sx200 switches are not completely managed. They're in a category known as "smart switches" and only have rudimentary functionality for small business use. For what you're doing, Cisco definitely has a solution, which is to use the Sx300, Sx500 or Catalyst switches. These devices support full remote management capabilities, unlike the smart switches.

maxhodges
Level 1
Level 1

considering that the SG200 is a "small business" switch, if you need qty 500 of them someone clearly bought the wrong items. 500 of these is beyond the scale of small business needs.