Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SG-300 LAG speed

Dear forumers,

I'm configuring two SG-300 switches at the moment, and I'm trying to connect them with two cables.

I've set up the LAG like this (on both switches):

LAG001.jpg

And a got the following result:

LAG002.jpg

This means my connection is at only 1 Gbit/sec, or everything is OK I'm at 2 Gbit/sec?

At the moment I can not preform a test with many computers copying at the same time and check the total speed. How can I make sure that the LAG's speed is more than 1 Gbit/sec?

Best regards,

Ádám Ráksi

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

SG-300 LAG speed

Hi Adam,

There isn't really a particular way to measure There are some software tools that can measure traffic such as IPERF.

The LAG works in such a way it will negotiate the link speed. Each physical port can't exceed 1g so it will show 1g. However, as you already know, the LAG joins multiple physical ports to a port group that will 'combine' the ports to increase the speed using a load balance algorithm.

A lot of times physically measuring a LAG throughput is very difficult because the file transfer needs to be really huge to reach the port group potential.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
1 REPLY
Green

SG-300 LAG speed

Hi Adam,

There isn't really a particular way to measure There are some software tools that can measure traffic such as IPERF.

The LAG works in such a way it will negotiate the link speed. Each physical port can't exceed 1g so it will show 1g. However, as you already know, the LAG joins multiple physical ports to a port group that will 'combine' the ports to increase the speed using a load balance algorithm.

A lot of times physically measuring a LAG throughput is very difficult because the file transfer needs to be really huge to reach the port group potential.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Views
Helpful
Replies