Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 500X Optic support

bijbalaktn
Level 1
Level 1

Team ,

can we use SFP-10G-SR-S as a transreceiver for a SG 500X switch ?

-BJK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes, these should be fine.

I would suggest that you raise this question with your Cisco reseller at the time of purchase for added  comfort.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

mattjones03
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There is a good explanation here;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12583146/difference-between-sfp-10g-sr-s-and-sfp-10g-sr

Thanks for responding Matt.  I did go through it, yes there doesn't seem to be  much difference but  none of the Cisco doc states that the SFP-S is compatible with SG-500X.  Thats my problem.  Coz for one of the projects that I am working on, there is a good number trans receivers required and this SFP-S would bring down the cost considerably.  

Hi,

Let me speak with one of my Cisco partners.

When are you looking to order, as I will mostly not be able to speak with them until Tuesday (UK Time)

Thanks Matt !  The client might decide next week. Tuesday should be fine. Appreciate the help !

Hi Matt / Team,

Any one who could help.. 

-Bijesh

Hi,

Yes, these should be fine.

I would suggest that you raise this question with your Cisco reseller at the time of purchase for added  comfort.

Thanks Matt, yup, I got a confirmation that these are compatible. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X