cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08 web interface issue

ibretherton
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a pair of SG200-08 switches a month ago and noticed that after a couple of weeks (give or take) the web interface stops responding (today being the 2nd time this happened). I am on v1.0.5.1 of the firmware on both switches.

I can ping the switches just fine. I've run a port scan against then showing that port 80 is open. When I browse to either switch using IE9.0 or Chrome (v21) both show page loading however it remains blank - eventually the browser times out. I've tried multiple machines (just in case of port blocking) however always the same result.

To correct this I power cycle the switches and the web interface starts working.

On the switching side, both seem to be working as there doesn't isn't any network impact (from what I can tell) however not being able to access the web interface is very irritating, not to mention making me wonder what else isn't working...

Any suggestions welcome.

Ian

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ian, does firefox browser have the same result? What are the switches power source (surge protector, ups, etc)? If you check the switch logs is there any indication of port up/port down?  Is there any indication on the logging about energy detection on the ports?

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

Firefox produces the same result. Both switches are plugged in APC UPS's. I've just rebooted the switches so currently there isn't any indication of ports going up/down. All ports have energy detection enabled - some being long, some being short.

While the web interface was down, I tested each port to see if I had a link to the device on the other end and I got 8/8 responses so it seems the switch functionality is working.

One thing I thought of is that I run network scans/probes from time to time a) to get a device list b) to see which ports are being exposed on each device. Anything there that could break the web server in the switch?

Ian

Ian, is it possible you have an IP conflict somewhere on the LAN? The switch IP address is purely for management purposes, not for any networking purpose.

As for your inquiry, the switch does not have any advance feature like port security. The only thing to note is spanning tree and EEE.

I think it is a networking issue, it doesn't appear to be a load issue since traffic appears to be sufficiently passing. The only other thing I've seen like it, is if the switch is not receiving enough power.

What happens if you remove the second sg200 switch off the LAN? Does switch #1 act up?

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X