Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08

PadyLapoigne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I bought an SG200-08 switch in december. This one has refused to boot with an orange led port 1 on. The second one I received for the replacement refused to start too. The led system is green flashing all the time and the switch refused to start. I tried the reset without success.

What can I do ? Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Patrick,

The Switch is not a dhcp server, what is doing the dhcp for your network?

You may need to configure your pc to a static address in the 192.168.1.x 255.255.255.0 subnet in order to configure the switch to your network.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, or review the quick start guide which can be found here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf20x_sg20x/quick_start/78-19516-01.pdf

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

josejack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Patrick,

Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the SG200 series switch. The LED system light will flash green all the time until you configure a static IP address on it. The green flashing indicates that is configured with it's default IP address of 192.168.1.254, it will continue to blink until this address is changed.

When you say that the switch refuses to start, are you seeing the flashing system LED?

Hi Josejack,

Thank you for the quick answer.

The port LED is green and the LED system is blinking. The switch refuse to give an IP address to the PC.

Hello Patrick,

The Switch is not a dhcp server, what is doing the dhcp for your network?

You may need to configure your pc to a static address in the 192.168.1.x 255.255.255.0 subnet in order to configure the switch to your network.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, or review the quick start guide which can be found here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf20x_sg20x/quick_start/78-19516-01.pdf

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Hello Patrick,

The switch will not be able to give an IP address to your PC, because it does not have a built in DHCP server. Your IP address will need to come from a DHCP server on a router or Windows based server...etc. What you can do in order to access the switches's web GUI is configure a static IP address on your workstation of 192.168.1.10/24, then you will be able to log into the switch by typing 192.168.1.254 in a browser. Try this and let me know how it turns out.

have a great day

Josejack,

The solution was too simple. Thanks a lot and sorry for. The computer I used didn't have a static address !!!

By the way it is ok now.

Again thank you

Regards,

Patrick