cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-18 - Validating User-logins and 802.1x via Radius (Cisco ACS)

ewald.jenisch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In our environment we've got a Cisco ACS-Server providing Tacacs+ (mainly for access to routers/switches) and Radius (for 802.1x-validating end hosts) services.

Aside from our IOS-based switches we've got a SG200-18 acting as a workgroup switch.

I'd like to set up user authentication on the SG200 (i.e. authentication of users accessing the switch) as well as 802.1x validation of end hosts via our existing Cisco ACS 5.x.

Unfortunately the docs for the SG200 in the chapter "Configuring RADIUS Parameters" only mentions "...For the RADIUS server to grant access to the web-based switch configuration utility, the RADIUS server must return cisco-avpair = shell:priv-lvl=15.... - no examples etc.

Since the WEB-based SG200-interface is absolutely new to me I'm looking for some hints/examples on how to set up the Cisco ACS Radius Server in order to interact with the SG200.

Thanks much in advance for your help,

-ewald

2 Replies 2

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello again Ewald!

Unfortunately my radius knowledge is limited, but I do have a link that may help you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3568766#3568766

This topic shows another user's method of getting the authentication to work. I hope this does help you as well.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick answer - I'll give it a shot while doing an on-the-fly-translation between IAS and Cisco ACS

-ewald