Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SG200-26 DHCP-Feature not working?

Hello, 

I bought a SG200-26 switch and wanted to replace some old Netgear switches with it. With the old, simple Netgear switches everything worked. With the SG200-26 the only way to get a connection to the switch is to set the IP address to manual. I want the switch to automatically distribute IP adresses and activated the DHCP feature in the web interface, but it still doesn't work. I also tried to restore it to factory default and updated it to the latest firmware, but this also didn't help. I really prefer the switch to handle this. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Frank

• Small Business Switches
Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Hello Frank,The 200 series of

Hello Frank,

The 200 series of switches does not have being a DHCP server as a feature.  The 300s and higher have DHCP server as an option on them, but the 200 does not since it is just a layer 2 switch.

If you don't like having to set a static on your PC you can always plug the switch into a network that has DHCP running.  At defaults the switch will pull a DHCP address for itself, then you can check your DHCP server for what address it got and use that for admin access without having to set a static on your PC.

Hope that helps, and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

1 REPLY
Silver

Hello Frank,The 200 series of

Hello Frank,

The 200 series of switches does not have being a DHCP server as a feature.  The 300s and higher have DHCP server as an option on them, but the 200 does not since it is just a layer 2 switch.

If you don't like having to set a static on your PC you can always plug the switch into a network that has DHCP running.  At defaults the switch will pull a DHCP address for itself, then you can check your DHCP server for what address it got and use that for admin access without having to set a static on your PC.

Hope that helps, and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.