Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-26 Multicast (IPTV) issue

ntgstudent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am currently tasked to setup some IPTV in our company network but i have some problems to forward the iptv-stream through a SG-200 Switch. (ideal without flooding the network with the stream)

the system setup is as following:

Speedport router (Provider) ----> Mikrotik router ---(2 Cables (LAG))--> Cisco 200 ---> Laptop and further Switches (Sg200's)

Switchports: Mikrotik is using port 21&22, Laptop is using port 7. Everything default vlan.

Speedport and Mikrotik are working fine (IPTV is working when i connect the Laptop there).

the funny thing is, that the IPTV behind the switch does sometimes work (for some minutes). Mostly after disabling IGMP Snooping.

Here are my multicast settings:

Properties: Bridge Filtering enabled, VLAN1, MAC Group Adress fpr IPv4

IGMP Snooping: enabled, Operational Status enabled

Multicast Router Port: in the default menu everything at "none", in the LAG menu LAG 4 (mikrotik link) on "static". the menuitem dynamic is disabled but the radio button is checked

Forward all: everything on "none", except Port 7 (Laptop) and LAG4 (Mikrotik) are on "Forbidden"

I tried a lot of different settings but the IPTV only works sometimes for some minutes. I also tried to disable all Filters and putting Port7 on "static forwarding" but it didn't work.

were are mistakes in my configuration ?

4 Replies 4

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Jan,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

Since it has been a few days now with no answer on this forum to your case, I suggest you to contact the Small Business Contact Center;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I wish we could be a better help from this support channel and I am sure we can better assist you from the SBSC team.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Thank you for your response Jeffey,

I'm making some small step progress from time to time.

IPTV is working, when I put everything on static, but the IPTV-Packets are flooding the entire Network (as espected). A second problem is, that the IGMP-Leave-Message doesn't come through so the IPTV-Stream is continuing for about 5 minutes.

I'm facing a major technical issue with my central switch (sg-200-26) at the moment:

A Network engineer recommended to re-enable IGMP-Snooping again to avoid the flooding, but after enabling, the switch crashes and reboots after receiving an IGMP. The switch crashes and reboots nearly every 2 minutes and kills the entire company network. The issue is happening with Firmware .58 and .62.

My current attempt is to solve the problem with an extra IPTV-VLAN. I set up a port based vlan (untagged) between microtik eth5 and port 7 and 10 of my central switch. I put all multicast forwarding on static for this vlan and iptv worked propery, but i'm not able to forward the steam to the next switches because I'd have to put extra cables for the extra uplinks.

The next step to the solution will be a tagged vlan for IPTV. I'm going to try to force my mikrotik to tag all incoming IPTV with vlan 8.

I was able to tolve my problems.

the crashing problem was fixed by a factory reset.

the IPTV problem was solved by IGMP-Snooping. The source of the issue was a fritzbox-router connected to my core switch which is used as WLAN Accesspoint. The IGMP-Snooping recognized it as a multicast router and sent his igmp traffic to the fritzbox. The Fritzbox also made the switches to work in IGMPv3 which isn't supported by the mikrotik.

Jan,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you resolved the issue.

- Marty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X