Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SG200-26 Switch VLAN and Internet Access

Dear Community Members,

I start writing this post telling you that I'm not a qualified network admin, so I beg your pardon if I do not use appropriate terms in my question. Also my english in not so good since I'm Italian and my english in almost scholastic.

This is the "story" :

I bought two switches as described above and actually I have to create 2 VLANS as described below :

VLAN id 2     name "Service_A"   ports 1-4

VLAN id 3     name "Service_B"   ports 7-9

all other ports can stay in default VLAN1.

my network infrastructure have some other very simple swtiches connected and 1 soho router (static ip 192.168.1.1) with dhcp active and ip pool address released from 192.168.1.100 to 200.

the SG200-26 have static ip 192.168.1.254   and  192.168.1.253

MY NEEDS:

I need VLAN for privacy matter so all computer connected to ports in VLAN2 cannot see nor enumerate PCs and resources on other VLANs,

but I also absolutely NEED that all computer in every ports (and every VLAN even default VLAN1) can access the internet.

MY ATTEMPT:

I set port 25 and 26 as trunk and all other ports as access. I intented to use 26 as uplink to other switch and 25 to exit to the internet.

Created VLANs but only the VLAN in wich I set 25 as untagged can reach internet.

I asked a Cisco qualified tecnician and give him the switches to work with, but after 2 days of attemptes he said to me that it's not possible

to do what I need.

MY PRAYER:

Please, I desperately need your help, I'm really loosing sleep over this problem!

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY
Bronze

SG200-26 Switch VLAN and Internet Access

Hello Gianluca,

In order for this setup to work, you will have to have a router that supports multiple vlans. You did not mention the model of the router or if it does this so I wanted to first mention that.

I understand your setup to be as follows- Internet -> Router -> Switch 1 -> Switch 2

On each port that connects a network device you will want to set the following-

Trunk port

Vlan settings of 1U, 2T, 3T

This allows default vlan of 1 and also other vlans

On other ports (1-4 , 7-9) you want to set them as follows-

Access port

Vlan of 2U OR 3U

This puts that port into the vlan of your choice

This will be the configuration needed, but again, you must have a router that will support vlans or multiple subnets.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content