cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-26 WOL question

bkjackson781
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to wake a server on the same vlan/subnet as the computer that is trying to wake it. I pulled an unmanaged switch and replaced it with this sg200-26. WOL worked before the swap now it doesnt. The  firmware is up to date as of today. Right now the only features I have turned on is LAG on 2 ports that are not part of this problem. So I am wondering since this is supposed to be a "green" switch are the ports turning off? Do I need to change a setting to keep them alive? Is there anything special that needs to be changed to get the wol to pass to the server? Thanks!

8 Replies 8

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Brian,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Communtiy.

I suggest you to globally disable the "Energy detect mode" for the WOL to work fine;

Port Management > Green Ethernet > Properties

Notice this is going to disconnect the network connections termporarily upon reboot.

Please check this out and let me know if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hello Brian,

i have disabled the "Energy detect mode" but the WOL is not possible.

I have no LAG configured is this ok?

I have the actual Firmware on my SG300-20 Switch.

Regards

Michael

HI, 

we have an SG30052p switch (fw:1.4.5.02) with 3 vlans, LACP enabled, Energy detect mode disabled by default, but wol doesn't working. The devices are on the same vlan and they are using standard ports (without LAG). Do you have any idea what else should i check on our switch/network? 

I also have the same problems with WOL not working.

I have a Cisco SG200-26 switch. WOL has worked on this switch before, but it seems to have stopped working after a firmware upgrade. But I don't know which one, I think before 1.3.5

The switch currently runs the latest firmware:

Firmware Version: 1.4.7.6
Boot Version: 1.3.5.06
Language Version: 1.4.5.02

I have a PC on port GE2 which does boot with WOL if it is not connected to the SG200-26 switch. However, if I connect it to port GE2 of the SG200-26 switch, WOL does not work.

I have factory defaulted the switch and disabled 802.3 Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) by removing the check in the checkbox via Port Management -> Green Ethernet -> Properties

Applying this setting temporarily disconnects all ports.

Next, I have disabled all the EEE settings for all ports via Port Management -> Green Ethernet -> Port Settings

After applying and saving all the configuration, WOL still does not work. I have also rebooted the switch, but WOL stil does not work!

How do I get WOL to work?

Hello,

I am currently experiencing the same issue.  WOL not working across the LAN even "Energy Detect Mode" is disabled under Green Ethernet for Port Settings.

Switch Details below:

Cisco SG200-50 fw: 1.3.0.62

Any updates will be greatly appreciated.. thanks!!!

This method not work for me. 

Green Ethernet was disabled on sg200-08, but WOL not work with Synology NAS (2 port in LAG) 

Hello Sergey,

Did you restart the switch after disabling the Green Ethernet? Have you configured the Wake UP Capabilities on your workstations properly? This should be on your Local Area Connection->Properties->Configure->Advanced. Here is some guidance for the Catalyst switches but the requirements are quite the same with the SG200/300 series: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/91672-catl3-wol-vlans.html 

Regards,

Martin

Hello, Martin!

Yes. i'm reboot switch after configuration. 
WoL do not work with NAS Synology DS1019+ after setup LAG ( static without LACP).
Synology  support say me NAS support WoL in LAG configuration. 
May be your advice solutions  for me ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X