Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-26P Setup VLAN newbie question

FBorjahns
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

after using a Netgear switch for years, this is my first Cisco switch now and it is driving me crazy as it is far more "professional" than the Netgear one...

My question is:

From my router I am connected to the switch with two separate interfaces that should work as two "zones". GE25 is for LAN, GE26 is for WLAN.

Now I have connected my

• LAN devices to ports GE4 to GE24
  • WLAN devices to ports GE1 to GE3

How do I have to setup the VLANs so that the port groups mentioned above do not see each other?

You may assume that I would like to use VLAN IDs

• 10 for LAN
  • 100 for WLAN

Any help is being appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards,

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Frank,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Notice the SG200 is a Layer2 device and therefore does not provide inter-VLAN communication by its own.  Please refer to the below article "VLAN configuration on SG200 managed switches";

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=80

I hope you find this information helpful and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Frank,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Notice the SG200 is a Layer2 device and therefore does not provide inter-VLAN communication by its own.  Please refer to the below article "VLAN configuration on SG200 managed switches";

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=80

I hope you find this information helpful and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Thank you for your hint, Jeffrey