Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-50P, SG300-28P Telephony OUI Voice VLAN

Cory
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue with Telephony OUI Voice VLAN Feature on SG200-50P, SG300-28P, Layer 2 Mode. Firmware 1.3.7.18.

When enabled on a port all untagged traffic of that ports Untagged PVID, is blocked.

Example:

Data VLAN 10 - 192.168.10.0/24

Voice VLAN 100 - 192.168.100.0/24

Voice Vlan setup as well as OUI added and enabled on ports.

All Ports Setup as Trunk Type.

Example 1:

Membership Table Shows as:

Port 1 - 10UP

Port 2 - 10UP

OUI Disabled: 2 Laptops connected to ports 1,2, traffic passes.

OUI Enabled: 2 Laptops connected to ports 1,2, traffic blocked on VLAN10.

Example 2:

Port 1 - 10UP, 100T

Port 2 - 10UP

Port 3 - 10UP

OUI Enabled: 2 Laptops connected to ports 2,3, traffic blocked on VLAN10.

1 Phone connected to Port 1, Phone Connects.

So it is using the feature but for some reason the untagged vlan on that port is being blocked when OUI is enabled.

I have setup this scenario on many cisco small business series switches before and it works fine, so I'm wondering is this a firmware issue? or am i just being dumb and doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vladimir,

This is something Cisco is still working on. You are more than welcome to open the ticket with us and actively assist. At this stage the only workaround is to sue 1.3.5 firmware which does not demonstrate this issue.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Aleksandra

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Cory! Six month past, but I'll ask, have you got any solution for your problem?

I'm having the same issue with voice vlan with one exception, I can't even get my Panasonic IP phone work correctly. All traffic from/to phone goes to PVID and not to Voice VLAN, though I added it mac to OUI table.

Thx if anyone can help!

P.S. My device is SG300-24 and latest firmware 1.4.0.88

Hi Vladimir,

This is something Cisco is still working on. You are more than welcome to open the ticket with us and actively assist. At this stage the only workaround is to sue 1.3.5 firmware which does not demonstrate this issue.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Aleksandra

Have the same problem, also with 1.4.0.88 firmware, on SG300-24P, SG500-24P, SG500-48X (Layer 2 Mode)

Hi Smugas,

I have seen this issue with 1.4 and 1.3.7 but not 1.3.5 so perhaps try that one.

Aleksandra

Hi Aleksandra,

Thank you, one issue has gone, downgraded firmware to 1.3.5.58 and no blocked traffic is present. The second issue still present, traffic from IP phone (using telephony OUI) can't stick to Voice VLAN, is there any workaround in this case?

I can't open a ticket cause the warranty period is over, though the device is absolutely new. It just wasn't in use for along time.

Hi Vladimir,

I wonder if your phones are supporting LLDP and/or CDP? From what I have seen even with OUI phones need at least LLDP.

So if you tag traffic on the phone all works as expected?

Please note that there will be new 1.4.1 beginning of next year which would fix few important issues.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Hi Aleksandra, thank you for reply!

It's a surprise for me that, in case of using OUI, we should have LLDP capable IP phone, and sure my Panasonic KX-NT343 is not.

Well, whatever it is, I tagged traffic on the phone an all works as expected.

I think we can close this thread, thanks!

Hey All, good to see this issue being recognized by Cisco. 

Also All Panasonic KX-NT Series IP phones do not support LLDP, they require tagging on the phone as well as telephony OUI on switch  

Except the new KX-NT551 / 553 / 556 and UT Sip Series they support LLDP use with OUI. 

Hope this helps... Thanks

Yes, this helps, but little bit late.

Pretty good response time.... better then 6 months late. lol

BTW all switches will operate in this manner not just Cisco.

Hope this Firmware gets fixed soon as this is what we primarily use the SG series for is IP phone deployments.

Hi Cory,

This is planned to be fixed with 1.4.1 firmware which should be released Dec-Jan.

Aleksandra