cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sg200 firmware 1.3.2.2 - how do you config new dhcp4 server feature?

Bob Ayik
Level 1
Level 1

The release notes for the 1.3.2.2 firmware (7/29/13) notes major feature added is "dhcp4 server" (page 8)

I've read the the administrator manual for this release (78-21139) and can not figure out how to configure the dhcp4 server.  I'm not even sure I'm understanding the manual correctly.  Starting on page 60 it dicusses uploading a dhcp server config file.  I'm not aure that concerns the new dhcp4 server function.

Does anyone know how to set up and configure the new dhcp4 server function in the sg200 switches.  Thank you for any help.        

6 Replies 6

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Assuming it is the same SG300 and 500 that I have worked on you find DHCP server settings in the GUI under IP Configuration > IPv4 Management > DHCP Server.  One interesting thing I noticed is that you can assign dhcp scopes per VLAN by just choosing a range and subnet that matches your VLAN.  There is no specific config connecting the scope to the VLAN but it "just works".

Good luck

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Thank you posting Brandon.  Thanks for the tip on assigning dhcp scopes to specific vlan.

I could not find any where in thr GUI to configure the dhcpv4 server.   Below is screenshot of the location in the GUI you mentioned.

I thought I read in the manual that dhcpv4 server was setup by uploading a config file.  It stated the format of that config file was beyond the scope of the manual.  I just cannot find that now.

I want to set up a dhcpv4 server but can't figure out how to do so.

Now I am wondering if the feature is only for 300 and 500.

Can you link to the docs and info you are referring to?

You may be right.

I downloaded the release notes from the sg200-26 firmware page:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11229/prod_release_notes_list.html

The actual release note links is: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf20x_sg20x/release_notes/R_1.3.2_RN.pdf

Since I downloaded from the sg200-26 firmware page, I assumed the release notes were for sg200 switches.  After reading your post, I note the release notes are for 200, 300 and 500 switches.  Page 8 of the release notes added dhcpv4 server feature.  I did think it strange a level 2 switch (mac based) would have a level 3 (ip based) feature.  I'm hoping this is included in the sg200 switches.

The release notes are definitely not clear which switches all features pertain to.  The admin guide for 200 series 1.3 does not mention DHCP server so I think you are out of luck

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf20x_sg20x/administration_guide/78-21139.pdf

The DHCP server only applies to Layer 3 devices. Unlike the 300 and 500s, the Sx200 devices are layer 2 only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X