Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SG300-10 vs. SRW-2008

The ordering code for a SG300-10P is SRW2008P-K9-NA

This is very, very similar the "old" product...and I can't in fact find an EOL notice for the SRW2008P-NA, was there one?

The old unit has UPC 00745883571024

The new unit has UPC 00882658295836

Is the hardware different or not?  If we remove a problematic SRW2008 (vlan issues, QOS issues), will the 3G100 make their life better? Make my life better?

2 REPLIES

Re: SG300-10 vs. SRW-2008

Hi Ambleside

The SRW2008P-K9-NA  is fundamentally  fundamentally very different to the older SRW2008P.

It's not just a change in name/packaging,  but the 300 series is a refresh of look and feel using a Cisco GUI and  the 65um  internal Silicon. Hence we have built in energy saving GREEN features into the product.

The new SRW2008P-K9-NA,  and in fact all the 300 series are now Layer 3 switches NOT just layer 2 switches, so you can route between VLANs.

You may note on my screen capture below that I am accessing the management interface via IPv6 and not IPv4, so it's set up for NG networks.

You will also note some of the newer featues in the really neat GUI that comes with the box.  Eleven of the new 300 series are fanless.  My SG300-10P  or SKU number SRW2008P-K9-NA  has 10 active ports and not eight as with the older SRW2008P and is fanless.  HAVE I SOLD YOU YET !

Warranty on the new switches are really sweet, the new product comes with forward replacement Next Business Day if my Small Business Support Center determines that the product needs a RMA .

With the old product yes, 5 year warranty, but return to manufacturer  before a replacement was sent out.  This new product is a a real pleasure to work with.

I have relegated my old SRW2008P to be my father-in-Laws Christmas present.

I have attached the jpeg image if you want a closer look.  I think you will be very pleasantly surprised by the features  functions and get some peace of mind with the Warranty.

regards Dave

Re: SG300-10 vs. SRW-2008

Sold me - with the investment protection credit, it might make a lot of sense to go and decommission some of those old SRW's out there...

I'd really like CCA control....not everything but ensuring QOS + VLAN's, configuring dual routes, etc, much easier with a picture....

Views
Helpful
Replies